Skip to main content

01.30.17 - Don't Forget to Pray

Hola de Mexico! 

I hope you all are doing great :) 

This past week was pretty awesome. We had a meeting with our Presidente and he shared some incredible things with us.  It was for my generation of missionaries, just to see how we're doing, and to give us some more advice on how we can be the best missionaries we can be.  I also got to play the piano for it, both were hymns I had never heard of before so that was an adventure. A very rough one at that. But the meeting was incredible. I learned so many things, and how to become an even better missionary.  My testimony of prayer continues to grow and grow more each day, and I know without a doubt that He hears us when we pray with our hearts.  I am so grateful for the love and comfort we can receive by offering our hearts to him.  

My companion and I had some awesome, and super spiritual bonding moments this past week which is always the greatest thing ever.  I love her to pieces and I am so grateful for her. Everyday we learn how to teach better, and how to help each other more and more. 

We're trying to work together with the ward to reactivate the less actives... which there are a lot of. Like a lot. But we have a two or three couples that want to make it to the temple together! Which is super exciting! :D They have been coming to church every Sunday, and two of them received callings which they're super excited about. We taught one of them this last week, and he is really excited to take his wife to the temple. He has such a desire to learn more about the gospel... We can see the changes in his countenance already. It's incredible! :) We shared with him the video "Good things to come" by Jeffery R. Holland. (It's also one of my favorites, so if you haven't seen it, I would like to invite you all to watch it. And "Mountains to Climb", that one makes me cry every time) He loved the video and shared with us his feelings about it.  I know he has a testimony, because we can feel the spirit so strongly when he shares it.  

We also had an activity with one of the other areas this past week.  And we taught 5 less actives, and holy smokies was the spirit powerful.  I don't think we've had a day were the spirit was as powerful as it was that day.... All of the lessons were incredible, and I learned so much. 
This past week we've been focusing on developing more the charity and love of Christ, and I think that has really helped in all of our teaching. The more we have allowed the love of Christ to fill our hearts, the easier it is to understand and know the needs of the people we teach, and it's easier to listen to the promptings of the spirit.  

I love all of you so much, and I am so grateful for all of you! 

Love you all!!! 

Love, Hermana Brinton

P.S. Here are some pictures :) 

Our area




 We bought camisas de Mexico

 A couple members and our zone leaders


Comments

  1. How nice to see photos of you in Mexico and to hear of your wonderful spiritual experiences. Joyce Rodriguez of Springville.













    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

01.16.17 - Changes!

Hello everyone!!  I hope all of you are doing splendidly. I'm doing wonderful! I´m loving my mission so much! I love the people, I love the food, I love the mountains we have to climb everyday. The literal ones, and the spiritual ones.  I am so grateful for this sacred time for me to learn, grow, and teach. Inviting others to come to Christ has been so incredible, because everyday we do it, my relationship with my Father in Heaven grows more and more.  Changes! So last night, we got a phone call from our AP, and he let us know that we are having changes. I don´t know why, but I´m moving areas. I´m headed back up to Cuernavaca with some other missionaries. When I get more details, I let you all know why haha :)  This last week was an awesome one! Lots of teaching, and lots of growing. We also discovered that my companion has low blood pressure, and bad circulation. So she needs to get some shots for it I guess... She´s been complaining of her arms and legs feeling tingly,

05.01.17 - Transfers!

So Hermana Can and I didn't have transfers this week and we are suuuuper happy about that. We'll be sticking here together until June!!! There is never a dull moment with her. haha teaching is absolutely wonderful, and we're finding new people every week. The work is hastening and I love being a part of it!  This last week we had a conference on Family History... or maybe it was two weeks ago, I truthfully don't remember. But! I want to encourage all of you to get to work on your family history! It's so incredible the Spirit that we can feel, and the protective power that we receive.  I just want to let you all know how much I love you and how grateful I am for all of you. I know that missionary work is the work of God, and that we're living in the latter days. I am so grateful to be here and sharing this message with the people we meet every day.  Things to remember for this week:  1. Every member is a missionary 2. All things work out in the end

12.27.17 - In Cuernavaca Already!

December 27, 2016 Dear Brinton Family, We are happy to let you know that your daughter has arrived safe and sound in the Mexico Cuernavaca Mission.  She has been assigned to serve in the Sauces area in the Chilpancingo Zone.  Her trainer is Sister Rosales. We are grateful to be able to serve with her in the work of the Lord. This will be a time of much service and work that will bring growth and learning for your daughter.  We hope that her experience here will strengthen her testimony and prepare her to be a good wife, mother and future leader in the church.  Her experiences in the mission field will contribute to her development as a faithful and righteous servant of the Lord. Your love and support will do much to lift and bless your missionary.  We hope you will write her regularly, encouraging her to do her best. Together with this letter you will find a picture that was taken the first day that Sister Brinton was with Sister Ávila and me.    We thank you for the l