Skip to main content

01.16.17 - Changes!

Hello everyone!! 

I hope all of you are doing splendidly. I'm doing wonderful! I´m loving my mission so much! I love the people, I love the food, I love the mountains we have to climb everyday. The literal ones, and the spiritual ones.  I am so grateful for this sacred time for me to learn, grow, and teach. Inviting others to come to Christ has been so incredible, because everyday we do it, my relationship with my Father in Heaven grows more and more. 


Changes! So last night, we got a phone call from our AP, and he let us know that we are having changes. I don´t know why, but I´m moving areas. I´m headed back up to Cuernavaca with some other missionaries. When I get more details, I let you all know why haha :) 

This last week was an awesome one! Lots of teaching, and lots of growing. We also discovered that my companion has low blood pressure, and bad circulation. So she needs to get some shots for it I guess... She´s been complaining of her arms and legs feeling tingly, so we called the doctor, she prescribed some medicine and we kept working.  I am so grateful for my companion and the example she is to me.  She didn´t ever want to stop working and just chill at the apartment, she kept working and we kept teaching.  

We had some incredible lessons this past week with some of our less actives. Wowza were they incredible.  The spirit was so strong during the lessons, and I know they could feel the spirit.  It´s incredible how the Spirit can teach so strongly through us. I know that  the less actives that we were teaching could feel the spirit, because it showed in their countenance.  

During these special lessons, I received personal revelation about the love that God has for each of us as his children. While we were teaching one woman in particular, my heart was filled with so much love for her and her little family.  I just wanted to wrap my arms around her and squeeze the love I was feeling for her into her heart.  The love that our Heavenly Father has for us is more than we can possibly imagine. He wants us to be happy, and he wants us to know that he is always there. I know that I can rely on my Heavenly Father, and I am so grateful for the love that he has for me.  

This past week we had interviews with our Presidente and zone leaders. Both went super well, and we all set goals to continue improving and bettering ourselves as missionaries.  During our interview with our zone leaders, they asked us to share our testimonies on the Atonement. And that was an incredible experience for me. I am so grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ, and that through him, I can live again, and be clean of my impurities. I know that He died for all of us, for all of our sins, and he experienced all of our pains and afflictions.  I know he knows us personally, and by name. He knows us, and he loves us so much. He died for us so that we can live again, and become like him.  

I am so grateful for my Savior and the love that he offers me.  My testimony continues to grow everyday of the love he has for us, and of his gospel. 

I love all of you and am so grateful for all of you!

Also, I would like to invite all of you to read 2 Nephi 4 :)

Here are some pictures :) 

The moon the other night was HUGE. 

Allison and Kimberly


My comp and I with Keyla, a member of the church


Me and my companion

Pretty sunset by the church



Comments

  1. We love you and are praying for you!

    Dru

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear your progress and your love for the gospel!!!! Love you and praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

12.27.17 - In Cuernavaca Already!

December 27, 2016 Dear Brinton Family, We are happy to let you know that your daughter has arrived safe and sound in the Mexico Cuernavaca Mission.  She has been assigned to serve in the Sauces area in the Chilpancingo Zone.  Her trainer is Sister Rosales. We are grateful to be able to serve with her in the work of the Lord. This will be a time of much service and work that will bring growth and learning for your daughter.  We hope that her experience here will strengthen her testimony and prepare her to be a good wife, mother and future leader in the church.  Her experiences in the mission field will contribute to her development as a faithful and righteous servant of the Lord. Your love and support will do much to lift and bless your missionary.  We hope you will write her regularly, encouraging her to do her best. Together with this letter you will find a picture that was taken the first day that Sister Brinton was with Sister Ávila and me.    We thank you for the l

05.01.17 - Transfers!

So Hermana Can and I didn't have transfers this week and we are suuuuper happy about that. We'll be sticking here together until June!!! There is never a dull moment with her. haha teaching is absolutely wonderful, and we're finding new people every week. The work is hastening and I love being a part of it!  This last week we had a conference on Family History... or maybe it was two weeks ago, I truthfully don't remember. But! I want to encourage all of you to get to work on your family history! It's so incredible the Spirit that we can feel, and the protective power that we receive.  I just want to let you all know how much I love you and how grateful I am for all of you. I know that missionary work is the work of God, and that we're living in the latter days. I am so grateful to be here and sharing this message with the people we meet every day.  Things to remember for this week:  1. Every member is a missionary 2. All things work out in the end