Skip to main content

3.14.17 - There is Sunshine in My Soul Today

Buenas tardes mi familia!! Y amigos! :) 

I hope all of you are doing splendidly. This past week, lots happened and I'm so excited to tell you all about it, but I don't have a ton of time so buckle your seat belts. It's probably going to be a little rough. 

We found some new people to teach, and the lessons went awesome. They didn't come to church though, so that was pretty sad. Because of the area we were teaching in, there were lots and lots and lots of bugs. Don't worry mom, I always wear lots of bug spray, but the little nasties here are pretty persistent.... and that's what happened with my legs. Nothing poisonous bit me (that I'm aware of hahaha) and I feel fine so no worries :) My legs are "muy fayo" as of this point with the bites they left me with.  One of the ones on my ankle is from a spider btw. But I'm happy and we're doing awesome here! 

This is my last week of the 12 week program they have for us to do in the field, which means I'm 4 months into the work! I can't believe how quickly time has gone... I have loved every minute of it, and I've learned so much. 
I learned some pretty important things this week... Things that are special to me, and I want to share with you because you're all special to me. 
 
First off, I was studying in True to the Faith this week, on faith. Loooove love love True to the Faith. These are the things that stood out to me:
-Faith is a principle of action and power
-In order for your faith to lead you to tslavation, it must be centered in the Lord Jesus Christ
-Having faith means relying completely on Him-trusting in His infinite power, intelligence and love.
-Remember that vecuase He has experienced all your pains, afflictions, and infirmities, He knows how to thelp you rise about your daily difficulties... He has "overcome the world" and prepared the way for you to receive eternal life. 
-He is always ready to help you as you remember His plea: "Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not." 
-The Lord will work mighty miracles in your life according to your faith.
-Like all blessings from God, faith is obtained and increase through individual obedience and righteous action. 
I loved reading, and studying about faith, and I want to encourage all of you this week to take a minute or five and study it for yourself, and then ask yourself how you can increase your faith, and how you can nourish it everyday. And then do it :)

Something else that I learned this week and know to be true, is that we each have a divine purpose here on this earth... and that Satan is going to do everything in his power to keep us from achieving that. He knows of the difference we can make in the world if we do the things that our Heavenly Father wants us to, and he knows of our potential. He attacks those in the church because he knows of the difference we can make. I know that some of you, or all of you are passing through something or will pass through those things, life is not without opposition. But I want each of you to remember your divine purpose, your potential, and the difference you can make in the world. And then determine to not let anything keep you from achieving it.  Pray for strength, and I promise that Heavenly Father will hear your plea, and he will send help. 

I'm always praying for you, and I'm so grateful for all of you :) 

Love you all!!

Love , Hermana Brinton







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

01.16.17 - Changes!

Hello everyone!!  I hope all of you are doing splendidly. I'm doing wonderful! I´m loving my mission so much! I love the people, I love the food, I love the mountains we have to climb everyday. The literal ones, and the spiritual ones.  I am so grateful for this sacred time for me to learn, grow, and teach. Inviting others to come to Christ has been so incredible, because everyday we do it, my relationship with my Father in Heaven grows more and more.  Changes! So last night, we got a phone call from our AP, and he let us know that we are having changes. I don´t know why, but I´m moving areas. I´m headed back up to Cuernavaca with some other missionaries. When I get more details, I let you all know why haha :)  This last week was an awesome one! Lots of teaching, and lots of growing. We also discovered that my companion has low blood pressure, and bad circulation. So she needs to get some shots for it I guess... She´s been complaining of her arms and legs feeling tingly,

05.01.17 - Transfers!

So Hermana Can and I didn't have transfers this week and we are suuuuper happy about that. We'll be sticking here together until June!!! There is never a dull moment with her. haha teaching is absolutely wonderful, and we're finding new people every week. The work is hastening and I love being a part of it!  This last week we had a conference on Family History... or maybe it was two weeks ago, I truthfully don't remember. But! I want to encourage all of you to get to work on your family history! It's so incredible the Spirit that we can feel, and the protective power that we receive.  I just want to let you all know how much I love you and how grateful I am for all of you. I know that missionary work is the work of God, and that we're living in the latter days. I am so grateful to be here and sharing this message with the people we meet every day.  Things to remember for this week:  1. Every member is a missionary 2. All things work out in the end

12.27.17 - In Cuernavaca Already!

December 27, 2016 Dear Brinton Family, We are happy to let you know that your daughter has arrived safe and sound in the Mexico Cuernavaca Mission.  She has been assigned to serve in the Sauces area in the Chilpancingo Zone.  Her trainer is Sister Rosales. We are grateful to be able to serve with her in the work of the Lord. This will be a time of much service and work that will bring growth and learning for your daughter.  We hope that her experience here will strengthen her testimony and prepare her to be a good wife, mother and future leader in the church.  Her experiences in the mission field will contribute to her development as a faithful and righteous servant of the Lord. Your love and support will do much to lift and bless your missionary.  We hope you will write her regularly, encouraging her to do her best. Together with this letter you will find a picture that was taken the first day that Sister Brinton was with Sister Ávila and me.    We thank you for the l