Skip to main content

5.22.16 - Savior, Redeemer of My Soul

First off, I would like to invite you all to watch and listen to this song. It´s beautiful, and has made a huuuuuge difference in my week.  



This week has been full of just about everything. It has been a roller coaster of a week. haha we started out super great, and we had 5 people ready to be baptized here in the coming couple weeks. We visited two of them, and the mom let us know that they´re going to be moving to Acapulco before their baptismal date. We visited the other two, and they´re going to be moving to no-body-knows-where, and the last one wasn´t able to attend church on Sunday and his date fell. We have continued to visit the first two, and they are so incredibly strong and are doing wonderfully. They attended church and so many prayers were answered with them... Seriously. We are so grateful for them and that they want to be baptized. They´re progressing wonderfully, and the mom said that they´re going to be attending church again this coming week! We´re hoping that they delay moving for a couple weeks, and then we can put them in contact with the missionaries in Acapulco to help them keep attending church and finish the lessons.  The daughter of the second set of persons that have a date was able to attend church, but they´ll be moving this week... We´re hoping that we can keep visiting and teaching her until the day they leave, but we don´t know what´s going to happen with them for sure.

We have seen so many miracles, and so many blessings this last week. We are working harder than ever, and we are loving every minute of it.  I love this work so much, and I am so grateful that I get to be a part of it right now. 

I hope you all have a stellar week. Know that I´m always praying for you. I want to invite you all to look for the Hand of God in your week in the next 7 days. I promise that He is always there, sometimes we just have to look a little harder. 

As for the song that I included, I absolutely love it. The words have touched my heart in such a profound way, and my appreciation for the Atonement of Jesus Christ has grown a mile. Listen carefully, and let the Spirit touch your heart, because I promise that it will. 

I love you all so much, and I hope you have a wonderful day. Be safe. Listen to the promptings of the Spirit. Come what may and love it. 

Love, Hermana Brinton

These lovely photos are from the multizone conference that we had last week hahah. OH! Something super funny. One of the elders dared me to eat a chili... one that was rather hot might I add. and I asked him what he´d give me if I ate it, and he told me half a kilo of tacos pastor (which are suuuuuper delicious), and after he said that, I popped it in my mouth chewed it for .2 seconds and almost died as it made it´s way to my stomach. I seriously felt like I had fire going down my throat 😂 I think I drank 7 glasses of horchata after that. But bright side is is that I get half a kilo of tacos to share with my comp :) hahah also, my chili tolerance grew a mile and a half. I can basicallly eat anything I want now.

Kids, be smart. Don´t do dares. Unless it´s for tacos. ;)

Love you!!!















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

01.16.17 - Changes!

Hello everyone!!  I hope all of you are doing splendidly. I'm doing wonderful! I´m loving my mission so much! I love the people, I love the food, I love the mountains we have to climb everyday. The literal ones, and the spiritual ones.  I am so grateful for this sacred time for me to learn, grow, and teach. Inviting others to come to Christ has been so incredible, because everyday we do it, my relationship with my Father in Heaven grows more and more.  Changes! So last night, we got a phone call from our AP, and he let us know that we are having changes. I don´t know why, but I´m moving areas. I´m headed back up to Cuernavaca with some other missionaries. When I get more details, I let you all know why haha :)  This last week was an awesome one! Lots of teaching, and lots of growing. We also discovered that my companion has low blood pressure, and bad circulation. So she needs to get some shots for it I guess... She´s been complaining of her arms and legs feeling tingly,

2.20.17 - Come What May and Love It

Hello Everyone!  This past week was pretty awesome, as every week has been :) The mission is great and I love it so much here. This past week we had interviews with President Avila and his sweet wife. I love them so much. The interviews are always getting better because I understand Spanish more and more each time, and it's just awesome.  With Hermana Avila, she asked us to imagine ourselves as investigators and think about our progress (but as missionaries). How are you progressing? What changes have you made? How are you using the Atonement of Christ everyday in your life? How have you improved? As I thought about these questions, I thought about the past few months here in Mexico and my experiences as a missionary... I want to invite all of you to ask yourselves these questions, and think about your personal progression as a disciple of Jesus Christ.  I promise that the Spirit will testify to your heart as it did to mine.  I felt the love Heavenly Father has for me, and how h

12.27.17 - In Cuernavaca Already!

December 27, 2016 Dear Brinton Family, We are happy to let you know that your daughter has arrived safe and sound in the Mexico Cuernavaca Mission.  She has been assigned to serve in the Sauces area in the Chilpancingo Zone.  Her trainer is Sister Rosales. We are grateful to be able to serve with her in the work of the Lord. This will be a time of much service and work that will bring growth and learning for your daughter.  We hope that her experience here will strengthen her testimony and prepare her to be a good wife, mother and future leader in the church.  Her experiences in the mission field will contribute to her development as a faithful and righteous servant of the Lord. Your love and support will do much to lift and bless your missionary.  We hope you will write her regularly, encouraging her to do her best. Together with this letter you will find a picture that was taken the first day that Sister Brinton was with Sister Ávila and me.    We thank you for the l