Skip to main content

5.29.17 - Hey Fam Bam!

Hope all of you are doing great :) 

Mexico is wonderful, and every day it´s a little hotter here hahaha. We are currently waiting for the rain season. :)

This last week has flown. We are finding new people every week, and it is seriously wonderful.  We have a family that is preparing to be baptized this next week or the following week, so we are super excited for them. Since we began teaching them, I have already seen a huge difference in them. There is a new light in their eyes and every time we visit them I just want to cry and hug them because it´s the best thing ever. 

My companion and I are doing wonderfully. We seriously get along super well and it´s the best thing ever. I can finally crack jokes in spanish... well. only with my companion because the only jokes I know are in english and I have to explain a little bit, but she laughs.... even if it is only out of courtesy ;) But truly, we get along great haha :) We´re learning lots from one another, and have tons of fun. 

I have homework for all of you! YAY!!! haha not really, but I do have something I would like to invite all of you to do with us as missionaries here in mexico. We are reading the Book of Mormon (big surprise there haha), but we are marking 6 themes. 
1. Names or references to Jesus Christ
2. Attributes of Jesus Christ
3. Doctrine and principles of the Gospel of Christ
4. Words from Christ (like when he is actually speaking, or the prophets say, ¨and the Lord says ¨.....¨) 
5. Actions or things that the Lord asks us to do, or things we can do
6. The blessings that we receive from doing those things in number 5.

We are doing this as a mission, and I want to invite you all to do it with us. I have already gained a greater appreciation for the Book of Mormon, and especially for the blessings it contains. 

Love you all!!
Love,
Hermana Brinton 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

01.16.17 - Changes!

Hello everyone!!  I hope all of you are doing splendidly. I'm doing wonderful! I´m loving my mission so much! I love the people, I love the food, I love the mountains we have to climb everyday. The literal ones, and the spiritual ones.  I am so grateful for this sacred time for me to learn, grow, and teach. Inviting others to come to Christ has been so incredible, because everyday we do it, my relationship with my Father in Heaven grows more and more.  Changes! So last night, we got a phone call from our AP, and he let us know that we are having changes. I don´t know why, but I´m moving areas. I´m headed back up to Cuernavaca with some other missionaries. When I get more details, I let you all know why haha :)  This last week was an awesome one! Lots of teaching, and lots of growing. We also discovered that my companion has low blood pressure, and bad circulation. So she needs to get some shots for it I guess... She´s been complaining of her arms and legs feeling tingly,

05.01.17 - Transfers!

So Hermana Can and I didn't have transfers this week and we are suuuuper happy about that. We'll be sticking here together until June!!! There is never a dull moment with her. haha teaching is absolutely wonderful, and we're finding new people every week. The work is hastening and I love being a part of it!  This last week we had a conference on Family History... or maybe it was two weeks ago, I truthfully don't remember. But! I want to encourage all of you to get to work on your family history! It's so incredible the Spirit that we can feel, and the protective power that we receive.  I just want to let you all know how much I love you and how grateful I am for all of you. I know that missionary work is the work of God, and that we're living in the latter days. I am so grateful to be here and sharing this message with the people we meet every day.  Things to remember for this week:  1. Every member is a missionary 2. All things work out in the end

12.27.17 - In Cuernavaca Already!

December 27, 2016 Dear Brinton Family, We are happy to let you know that your daughter has arrived safe and sound in the Mexico Cuernavaca Mission.  She has been assigned to serve in the Sauces area in the Chilpancingo Zone.  Her trainer is Sister Rosales. We are grateful to be able to serve with her in the work of the Lord. This will be a time of much service and work that will bring growth and learning for your daughter.  We hope that her experience here will strengthen her testimony and prepare her to be a good wife, mother and future leader in the church.  Her experiences in the mission field will contribute to her development as a faithful and righteous servant of the Lord. Your love and support will do much to lift and bless your missionary.  We hope you will write her regularly, encouraging her to do her best. Together with this letter you will find a picture that was taken the first day that Sister Brinton was with Sister Ávila and me.    We thank you for the l