Skip to main content

6.19.17 - First Week of Training

Well I'm going to consider this week a success. One of the best and most stressful weeks of my life. But I loved every minute of it :D

My new companion is suuuuuper awesome and we get along like peas in a pod. She is from the Dominican Republic and she speaks English :D so I'm pretty happy that I get to practice my English every once and a while. Especially because my brain was forgetting how to talk. I don't know how to explain it .... I can think in English, and write in English, but talking en English has become more difficult than I'd like to admit. but it's fine hahaha :D We practice every once and a while and it's pretty wonderful. 

We are in Tezoyuca and it is super beautiful here. There are tons of trees and the mountains are covered in green. I feel right at home :) The members here are wonderful, and they love visiting investigators with us. So everybody is happy.  

This last week was full of meeting new people, getting to know the area and trying to keep our stress levels from bursting out of the roof. The area here is super huge... So basically we're trying to get to know 4 cities without getting lost, and trying to remember which bus to take.. or mini bus... or if we have to take a taxi hahaha it seriously is tons of fun. 

We met a toooon of people this week, got to know their needs, and we already have 8 people set for a baptismal date. So that´s pretty niffty.

The investigators here are great, and I think we are going to have a ton of fun here in Tezoyuca :) 

I'll let you all know how the second week goes :) 

This last week we had some pretty awesome experiences, and one of them really made me realize just how much love our Heavenly Father has for each one of us. Sister Diaz was struggling a little bit (as we all do as new missionaries), and we were talking. But as we were talking, I could feel so much love for her, and concern. We went back to the house for a minute, and I invited her to pray. (she had been sharing with me some of her feelings and worries and basically everything and felt impressed for us to go home and let her talk to our Heavenly Father.) We returned, she prayed, and when we left, the spirit was with us so strongly. I know that we have a loving Heavenly Father that loves us and is mindful of us. He knows what each of us is going through, and he knows how to help us, we only have to include him in the process. He knows our needs before we ask him, but he will only help us if we ask.  I am so grateful for the power of prayer and that we can communicate with our loving Father in Heaven.

I hope you all have a wonderful week :) 

Love you!!!! 

Sister Brinton











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

01.16.17 - Changes!

Hello everyone!!  I hope all of you are doing splendidly. I'm doing wonderful! I´m loving my mission so much! I love the people, I love the food, I love the mountains we have to climb everyday. The literal ones, and the spiritual ones.  I am so grateful for this sacred time for me to learn, grow, and teach. Inviting others to come to Christ has been so incredible, because everyday we do it, my relationship with my Father in Heaven grows more and more.  Changes! So last night, we got a phone call from our AP, and he let us know that we are having changes. I don´t know why, but I´m moving areas. I´m headed back up to Cuernavaca with some other missionaries. When I get more details, I let you all know why haha :)  This last week was an awesome one! Lots of teaching, and lots of growing. We also discovered that my companion has low blood pressure, and bad circulation. So she needs to get some shots for it I guess... She´s been complaining of her arms and legs feeling tingly,

05.01.17 - Transfers!

So Hermana Can and I didn't have transfers this week and we are suuuuper happy about that. We'll be sticking here together until June!!! There is never a dull moment with her. haha teaching is absolutely wonderful, and we're finding new people every week. The work is hastening and I love being a part of it!  This last week we had a conference on Family History... or maybe it was two weeks ago, I truthfully don't remember. But! I want to encourage all of you to get to work on your family history! It's so incredible the Spirit that we can feel, and the protective power that we receive.  I just want to let you all know how much I love you and how grateful I am for all of you. I know that missionary work is the work of God, and that we're living in the latter days. I am so grateful to be here and sharing this message with the people we meet every day.  Things to remember for this week:  1. Every member is a missionary 2. All things work out in the end

12.27.17 - In Cuernavaca Already!

December 27, 2016 Dear Brinton Family, We are happy to let you know that your daughter has arrived safe and sound in the Mexico Cuernavaca Mission.  She has been assigned to serve in the Sauces area in the Chilpancingo Zone.  Her trainer is Sister Rosales. We are grateful to be able to serve with her in the work of the Lord. This will be a time of much service and work that will bring growth and learning for your daughter.  We hope that her experience here will strengthen her testimony and prepare her to be a good wife, mother and future leader in the church.  Her experiences in the mission field will contribute to her development as a faithful and righteous servant of the Lord. Your love and support will do much to lift and bless your missionary.  We hope you will write her regularly, encouraging her to do her best. Together with this letter you will find a picture that was taken the first day that Sister Brinton was with Sister Ávila and me.    We thank you for the l